Children and Pets
Animals next to man since time immemorial. Many of them are not only a source of material goods (milk, wool, meat) or by any functionality (protection), but real friends.
Once the child has learned to speak, he begins to ask his parents to buy him a puppy, kitten, parrot, Guinea pig… Someone agrees, someone refuses.
Let’s see: should you have a pet and which one? What more from Pets harm or good?
Scientists who conducted the research on the subject, made some interesting conclusions. It turns out that the dog living in the house where there is a child with a rare disease – autism – contributes to its adaptation to the surrounding world and successful socialization.
If a mother is always a dog or a cat, a baby that she would be born, most likely, will not suffer from allergies. A hyperactive child who suffers from lack of attention one receives from a pet missing heat and charged him peace of mind. As a result of this the child learns to cope with their own emotions and to establish contacts with adults and peers.
Use Now, consider the positive issues in more detail.
Is the child cared for close to home pet, learns responsibility.Of course, because for a parrot, a hamster and a fish, each day, to care, to let my dog out, with the kitten in it, and so on.
The animal helps the child become more sociable. It is possible to invite home classmates that they met with him a favorite, tell us about it, and here appeared the first seeds of friendships. Walking with a dog, it’s easy to make new friends.
– To observe the behavior of the animal, play with it, care is very educational for the little man. This is, in fact, his first encounter with the animal world. The child will become more kind and caring, learn to communicate.
– Many animals can “work” almost real doctors and psychologists.
For example, cats can relieve headaches and normalize blood pressure, contemplation of aquarium fish leads to nervous system, etc.
– A turtle, a Canary, a cat or a dog – who lives, no matter in any case is the creation of rescues child from loneliness and boredom. It will be more fun if he was home sick one, or if the family moved to a new place and no friends here yet.
Harm Despite the recommendations of psychologists, advising to buy your child a pet, you should be aware of some disadvantages of keeping animals in the house or apartment.
The development stages of children 1 to 4 years
– The main thing is that the baby may get infected from some animal diseases (ringworm, tapeworm, psittacosis, allergic, etc.). However, this point can be deleted in time contact to the vet, checking the animal’s health and making the necessary vaccinations.
– Bring a lot of inconvenience the first weeks and months of stay cats or dogs (most popular pet fee). Your main task in this period – tailed to teach the resident to the toilet, and this happens, at best, 2-3 weeks (kitten), while in other cases it may last up to six months (puppy). All this time will have to patiently wipe the puddle, to wash and process floors.
– Pets (most often, again cats and dogs) can bring unwanted offspring. Even if your pet never goes outside and talks to the opposite sex, she will experience anxiety, to shout and show aggression at certain times. Of course, the problem can be solved with the help of special pills or sterilization, but that was not all pet owners.
– The child receives a lot of stress, when pet for some reason dies.
What you need to consider? Before you have a pet, you need to consider a few things.
The first is the age of the child. In 3-4 years the baby is not able to properly care for the pet, so just accept that it will have to do you. But the child would be happy to watch the Pets and play with them. The most suitable in this respect – birds, aquarium fish. You can have a rabbit or Guinea pig.
5-6-year-old child is already relatively independent. He not only rejoices to communicate with animals, but also can learn some skills of caring for them. At this age still recommended fish, birds, Guinea pigs and rabbits.
Son or daughter aged 7-8 years of age, can be the true owner of pet – not only to play with him, but also cleaning, clean the cage, walk and feed. Now parents can safely get a dog or cat, parrot or rat, hamster or turtle. Very interesting and informative for the child to compare the behavior of different animals, so can be purchased immediately, for example, fish and a Canary or a hamster and a turtle.
In which, what we should pay attention . – how will combine the temperament and character of your child with the character of the pet. For example, a calm, phlegmatic child is not necessary to give a fun and playful puppy – it will tire the baby. This gift is more suitable to choleric or the sanguine child who is always ready to make noise, to play and run. The same phlegmatic or melancholic buy a turtle, fish or hamster: he will be able plenty of to watch them, while maintaining their thoughtfulness and developing a penchant for contemplation. As for cats, here it is necessary to carefully watch the fluffy nature of the beast. Cats are different – quiet and sleepy or, on the contrary, high-spirited and lively.
Finally, it should be taken into account and their living conditions. A large dog will suffer himself and inconveniencing you, if you force him to live in a cramped apartment. Sociable puppy will suffer from loneliness if the owners are out all day.
But if you have already decided on the choice, it should be “love for life”: because the kid looking at you and your attitude to animals, learns loyalty, devotion and kindness.